TRASH & RECYCLING AUTOMATED COLLECTION GUIDE
Click here to view the latest Trash & Recycling Automated Collection Guide
CONTINUE YOUR RECYCLING
City of Rossford Residents,
Keep recycling for only $8.90 per month. Just call or email Waste Management before August 21, 2020 to keep your recycling collection service. Call (866) 797-9018 or email CustomerService_miohin@wm.com and place ‘Rossford Recycle Sign-Up’ in the Subject Line.
Click here to view PDF
WEEKLY REFUSE & BIWEEKLY RECYCLING COLLECTION
Wednesday is the regular collection day for the City of Rossford.
Rossford residents participate in an automated 96-gallon or 64-gallon refuse and recycle cart curbside collection program. Refuse is picked up every week and recycling is collected every other week throughout the City. Refuse and recycling carts are provided by Waste Management. Waste Management can provide a second 96-gallon cart, if needed, at the following additional cost per cart:
Trash Cart – $6.40 per month Recycle Cart – $5.30 per month Yard Waste Cart – $8.75 per month
Place carts at the curb the night before your scheduled pick-up, no sooner than 5:00 p.m., or on the morning of your scheduled pickup, no later than 7:00 a.m. All carts should be removed from streets and alleys and returned to yards by 9:00 a.m. the day following collection.
Recycling News Bulletin
Refuse – Additional Information:
- Bag all of your trash and food waste before placing in the trash cart. Do not set any extra bags next to the carts. They will not be picked up.
- Schedule your bulk item pickup by calling City Hall at 419-666-0210. One bulk item is allowed each week. Bulk items include items such as a couch, stove, box spring/mattress, chair, etc. Anything cloth must be covered with plastic. Carpeting must be cut into rolls under 4 feet in length, and under 50 pounds per roll, and must be tied or taped. The maximum number of rolls allowed per week is 6 rolls. For white goods such as refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, etc., freon must be removed before pickup.
- Don’t overfill your containers. Consider purchasing an additional cart service – see prices above. The additional cart provides capacity for larger families and prevents overloading and blowing litter in your community.
- No yard waste is allowed in the refuse cart.
- Concrete, asphalt, construction materials, etc., can never be collected with refuse.
- Do not place loose needles in your trash as they create a hazard. Properly contain them.
Recycling – Additional Information
- Recycling services are provided to the City on a biweekly basis.
- Refer to the Recycle Map to determine if your residence is serviced on the “A/Green” week or the “B/Yellow” week. Refer to the calendar to identify your week of service.
Additional Refuse/Recycling Carts
Rossford residents have the option to rent additional refuse and/or recycling carts for $4.00 each per month. Extra carts can be ordered by calling Waste Management at 1-866-797-9018.
Waste Management will provide carry-out/carry back service for any qualifying resident. This service is designed only to assist those residents that, due to a short-term injury or long-term disability, cannot carry refuse and recycling to the curb on collection day.
To receive this service, the resident must comply with the following guidelines:
- Resident must provide documentation (e.g., a doctor’s note or other medical form indicating restrictions) to the City of Rossford’s Administrative Office.
- To establish carry-out/carry-back service, please contact the City of Rossford at 419-666-0210.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION PROGRAM
Waste Management yard waste collection program begins April 1st and runs through November 30th for the City of Rossford. This program utilizes a 96-gallon cart for yard waste materials. The yard waste cart has a brown lid to distinguish it from the refuse and recycling carts.
Yard waste collection is a separate subscription service program paid for by the resident. Contact Waste Management at 1-866-797-9018 to sign up for the weekly yard waste subscription program in Rossford.
Yard Waste Subscription Program
The current contract rate starting in 2020 is $12.50 a month – $150.00 for the season. You will receive a 96-gallon cart for yard waste, identified by the brown lid. This service is a weekly service on Wednesday. All yard waste must be loose in the cart. NO PLASTIC BAGS AND NO PAPER BAGS. You can rent an additional 96-gallon cart for at the prices listed above. Call Waste Management Customer Experience at 1-866-797-9018 to verify your account or make payments with a credit card.
- Garden Waste
Waste Management will not perform collection service on the following holidays:
|• New Year’s Day||• Independence Day||• Thanksgiving Day|
|• Memorial Day||• Labor Day||• Christmas Day|
During the weeks these holidays occur, collection normally performed on or directly following the holiday will be delayed one day. Regular collection will occur on all other holidays not listed.
Christmas trees 6-foot tall or less will be picked up as part of the normal collection service at no additional charge. You may set your tree out at the curb on your collection day the week following Christmas through the second week in January. Remove all ornaments and lights.