The Rossford Marina is located at 300 Hannum Avenue in Veterans Memorial Park. The Marina will be open for launching and docking watercraft for the 2017 Season beginning Saturday, April 15 and closing Sunday, October 15. If you are using the launching service, you must enter from Hannum Avenue. The Marina offers such amenities as water and 30 amp electric service, twenty-four (24) hour security guards, guard office, lighted parking lots with plenty of parking, sanitary pump out, bag ice machine, rest room facilities, and concessions available from May through October during evening hours. For additional information, call the City of Rossford Administrative Office at 419-666-0210.
|You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the forms below.|
|Marina Dock Application Form|
|Marina Rules & Regulations|
|Rossford Marina Map|
|Required Equipment for Boats in Ohio|
CITY OF ROSSFORD
MARINA RULES AND REGULATIONS
(1) Fires of any nature on boats, docks, parking spaces, or in the Marina shall be prohibited, except in areas designated for that purpose except that gas and charcoal grills shall be allowed with the following restrictions: gas grills shall be allowed near the wall docks and must be placed/used on the outside (parking lot side) of the raised concrete walkway and charcoal grills may only be used along the base of the hill (east wall side) and within designated areas to be determined by the Administration. No other open flames are allowed in any of the other marina areas.
(2) Speed limits in the Marina shall not exceed five miles per hour.
(3) Littering in the Marina and parking area is prohibited. All refuse shall be placed in containers furnished for such purposes.
(4) Disorderly conduct, indecent exposure, profanity and excessive party noise is prohibited.
(5) Sounding devices such as horns, whistles and bells shall not be used except upon entering or leaving the Marina entrance.
(6) Altering any City of Rossford equipment or property including, but not limited to the docks, without prior approval of the City Administrator or his/her designee is prohibited.
(7) No swimming shall be permitted in the Marina area.
(8) No fireworks shall be permitted in the Marina area.
(9) All pets shall be leashed and under control at all times.
(10) No toilet waste from a tank or receptacle of a boat or other conveyance shall be discharged at the Marina or in the portable toilets provided by the City. Toilet facilities will be available at the park area. Any person firm or corporation who violates this subsection shall be fined twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for each incident.
(11) All but minor repairs shall be prohibited in dock spaces.
(12) When a boat is out of the Marina for an extended period of time, the owner shall notify the guard or the municipal offices.
(13) No person other than the owner shall be permitted to sleep on the boat overnight without first registering with the guard. If guests under eighteen years of age shall be on the boat overnight, the names and ages are to be reported to the guard and/or the municipal offices.
(14) Owners and operators shall lower their main sail before entering or leaving the Marina area.
(15) No unlicensed boats, including remote controlled floating devices, shall be permitted in the Marina area.
(16) In the event of a malfunction of any utility, the marina guard shall be notified immediately. The City shall make repairs.
(17) No refueling of boats shall be permitted within the Marina.
(18) No open container of beer or other alcoholic beverage shall be permitted on the docks, the public areas of the Marina and the park.
(19) Launching of wind surfboards in the Marina area is prohibited.
(20) Jet skis shall be permitted to launch in the Marina area.
(21) Fishing is permitted in designated areas only. No fishing shall be permitted off any dock within the Marina. Cleaning of fish is prohibited.
(22) A fee of thirty dollars ($30.00) will be charged for a check returned for insufficient funds. A security deposit of fifty dollars ($50.00) is required in order to secure a dock space and is subject to rules and regulations to be promulgated by the Administration.
(23) Pursuant to Section 507.10 of the Rossford Municipal Code, no person shall operate or be in physical control of a boat or other vehicle that travels on water or that is secured to any dock that emits sound exceeding eighty-two dba when measured at a distance of not less than fifty feet. No person in charge or control of any boat or other vehicle that travels on water or that is secured to any dock shall make any excessive noise to annoy the public or unnecessarily race the vehicle while running idle.
(24) No tires shall be permitted as fenders in the Marina. Proper marine fenders shall be used to secure boats in place.
(25) Tampering, altering or removal of back flow preventers (BFP) installed on the Marina water system is prohibited. Any marina dock lessee found in violation of this section is subject to replacement cost of damage and expulsion from the Marina.
(26) All boats must be secured with at least three (3) lines at all times while docked.
(b.) Beginning of Season.
(1) Boats may be launched and/or docked upon the opening date of the Marina established by the City Administrator.
(2) Dock rental decal shall be placed so the decal is visible from the dock; the season launching decals shall be placed on the starboard side of each boat, clearly visible to the marina guard.
(3) The Administrator or his/her designee shall process all applications for dock space rental and requests for transfers of dock spaces; however, the Marina Committee shall be the final arbitrator of both assignments and transfers of dock spaces should there be a dispute or assignment.
(4) No person shall be assigned a dock space except for the purpose of regularly and actively using the space for the docking of his/her boat during the boating season.
(5) Boat docks shall not be transferred to any other person, firm or corporation without first being approved by the City Administrator or his/her designee. The use of dock space shall be considered under a license from the City of Rossford, and no person shall acquire any short or long term real property interest of any kind in the space.
(6) Each person assigned a dock space shall at all times provide to the municipal office his/her current address where notices may be sent, his/her telephone number and an emergency telephone number, email where he/she may be reached or messages received at all times. Any boat that does not have a valid decal or guest pass from the Rossford Marina will be removed from the marina at the owner’s risk and expense.
(7) Dock cancellations shall be allowed provided the dock space can be utilized by another person. Refunds issued will be prorated based on the remaining season. A twenty-five dollar ($25.00) handling charge will be due on all cancellations. In the event a dock launching decal or parking decal is lost, the fee for a replacement will be five dollars ($5.00).
(8) Dock space changes (requests) will be considered to accommodate circumstances on a voluntary basis.
(c.) Parking and Storage Regulations.
(1) Parking rules shall be observed at all times.
(2) Parking is permitted within designated spaces.
(3) Boat owners assigned space on the east and north walls shall be permitted to park one (1) automobile per dock space. A parking decal shall be placed in the rear window of the vehicle. Those assigned to the east and north walls who park in other than their designated space shall pay a fee of $25.00 for each violation and may lose the use of their reserved parking space.
(4) Parking for all others is available on the eastside of the marina accessible from Hannum Avenue park entrance or from the Jennings Road park entrance. Additional parking is available in the lot at the top of the hill at Hannum Avenue and Riverview Place.
(5) Boat trailer parking is permitted in designated areas for 72 hours. Parking beyond the 72 hours is subject to the prior approval of the Chief of Police or designee and issuance of a special parking permit. Violators will be subject to a fine of $25.00 for each day or any portion of a day beyond the permitted time.
(d.) Wall Docks.
(1) Boats requiring electrical hook-up shall be equipped with a minimum #10 wire, 30 amp marine electrical cord with 30 amp twist lock receptable on both ends. (One male and one female). Cord should be of an adequate length to allow for variance of water levels.
(2) Boats shall not be tied to water pipes, electric conduits or electrical outlet boxes.
(3) Boat owners assigned dock space on the east and north walls shall be permitted to park one automobile per dock space. See parking and storage regulations, number 3.
(4) Boats shall be equipped with lines not less than one-half inch nylon or equivalent.
(5) Personal watercraft (such as jet skis and dinghies) in addition to the primary boat may be docked at wall docks if in the determination of the Chief of Police that space permits. Fees for docking personal watercraft and dinghies at the wall docks shall be established pursuant to Section 925.03 of the Rossford Municipal Code. A permit shall be issued upon payment of the fee after proper proof of registration and insurance has been furnished to the City Administrator. All personal watercraft and dinghies must display proper state registration numbers.
(e.) Floating Docks.
(1) Boats on floating docks shall use floaters or pulley-type attachments on mooring poles. Three-eighths inch line is recommended.
(2) No person shall install any catwalk.
(3) Boats shall be equipped with lines not less than three-eighths inch nylon or equivalent.
(4) Electrical power to floating docks shall be used for short term maintenance purposes only. Those assigned floating docks are prohibited from using extension cords for long term use.
(1) No boat shall be launched between the hours of 12:00 a.m. (Midnight) and 5:00 a.m. unless prior permission has been obtained from the Chief of Police or designee.
(2) Launching decals shall not be transferable from one boat to another without prior approval of the City Administrator or designee. Permission will only be given if the original boat was sold and a new boat purchased. Proof of registration and insurance will be necessary.
(g) End of Season.
(1) All carpeting placed on docks, as well as any materials used as fenders shall be removed from the area.
(2) The owners of all boats using dock space in the Rossford Marina shall be responsible for the removal of their boats from the marina no later than three (3) days following the Marina closure date, which closing date shall be established by the City Administrator each year. The City Administrator may extend the date if he/she determines that water conditions prevented the timely removal of any boat. Any boat not removed by the owner within the designated time shall be removed and stored by the City.
(3) Any owner who fails to remove his boat within such period shall be subject to forfeiture of their docking space for the next boating season, shall be liable for all costs and expenses incident to the removal, storage and maintenance of such boat, and shall be subject to a late fee of fifty dollars ($50.00).
(4) The owner agrees that all such charges and fines shall entitle the City to a lien on such boat in that amount. No boat shall be released to such owner until such charges and fines are paid in full.
(5) In the event that such boat is not claimed by the owner and all such charges and fines paid in full within sixty days of the date that such boat is required to be removed, then, following ten days certified mail notice to the owner, the City shall be authorized to sell such boat at public sale and from the proceeds of the sale shall be deducted all such charges and fines and all expenses of sale and the balance thereof remitted to the owners.
(1) Any person, firm or corporation who violates any of the Marina rules and regulations set forth herein shall be subject to the following:
- Whoever is convicted of a violation of any of the Marina rules and regulations is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
- Forfeiture of docking space for the remainder of the season.
- Denial of application for future docking space.
(2) In the event of a violation of these Marina rules and regulations, the owner, upon written notice, shall promptly remove his/her boat from the Marina, and, upon failure to do so, shall be subject to the procedure for removal as set forth in subsections (g)(3), (4) and (5).
(Ord. 2005-10. Passed 2-14-05.)