The Regional Income Tax Agency/RITA installed their new phone system to better service our taxpayers, offering assistance with enhanced self-service features. The new system offers the following enhancements:
• Automated speech recognition so that callers can press telephone keys or make their choices using their voice.
• Tax Preparer shortcut menu allowing access to multiple accounts without needing to log in and out multiple times.
• Check real time account balance.
• Check payment history and estimated payments including pending payments.
• Check refund status and whether or not the IRS has levied a portion of the refund.
• Ability to make payments by credit card (Individual Accounts only) or ACH for all account types.
• Request a payment plan.
• Request tax forms.
• Variable seasonal menus based on time of year and most popular choices.
Call RITA at 1-800-860-7482 for your income tax questions.