The general purpose of zoning is to guide and regulate the planning, subdividing, and development of land in order to promote and protect the public health, safety, and general welfare. It is intended that the provisions of Rossford’s zoning regulations is to achieve the following objectives:
- Orderly development of land to obtain harmonious and stable neighborhoods.
- Safe and convenient vehicular and pedestrian circulation.
- Designs to allow ample public open spaces for schools, recreational, and other public purposes.
- Accurate surveying of land, preparation, and recording of plats.
- The assurance that subdivision improvements are properly installed and completed in compliance with the regulations contained herein.
- Coordination of land development in accordance with zoning codes and the Official Plan.
For information or questions on Rossford’s Zoning Code, contact:
City of Rossford, Zoning Department
133 Osborn Street
Rossford, OH 43460
Office Hours: By appointment
Sidewalk Snow Removal
All sidewalks and shared-use paths within the City limits are to be cleared within twenty-four (24) hours of snow accumulation. Snow, ice, dirt and other debris shall not be placed in the street, gutter or sidewalk.
Once the crews have cleared the street, do not push or blow the snow from your driveway or sidewalk into the street. This includes commercial plows. Passing motorists drive over the fresh snow and pack it down. When the temperature drops, that snow forms slippery patches resulting in a driving hazard.
Refer to the City website at www.rossfordohio.com to pull up Rossford Municipal Code 521.06.
If such sidewalk/shared-use path is not cleared within the twenty-four (24) hour period, the City may cause such snow, ice, dirt or other debris to be removed. Upon such action, the City may charge such occupant or owner an amount equal to its costs plus 100 percent.
To report uncleared sidewalks, contact the police non-emergency number at 419-666-5230.
To view the current zoning code, see: http://whdrane.conwaygreene.com/NXT/gateway.dll?f=templates&fn=default.htm&vid=whdrane:OHRossford