WEEKLY REFUSE & BIWEEKLY RECYCLING COLLECTION
Wednesday is the regular collection day for the City of Rossford.
Rossford residents participate in an automated 96-gallon or 64-gallon refuse and recycle cart curbside collection program. Refuse is picked up every week and recycling is collected every other week throughout the City. Refuse and recycling carts are provided by Waste Management.
Place carts at the curb the night before your scheduled pick-up, no sooner than 5:00 p.m., or on the morning of your scheduled pickup, no later than 7:00 a.m. All carts should be removed from streets and alleys and returned to yards by 9:00 a.m. the day following collection.
Refuse – Additional Information:
- Bag all of your trash and food waste before placing in the trash cart. Do not set any bags next to the carts. They will not be picked up.
- One bulk item is allowed each week. Bulk items include items such as a couch, stove, box spring/mattress, chair, etc. Carpeting must be cut into rolls under 4 feet in length, and under 50 pounds per roll, and must be tied or taped. The maximum number of rolls allowed per week is 6 rolls. For white goods such as refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, etc., call Rossford city offices, in advance, at 419-666-0210.
- Don’t overfill your containers.
- No yard waste is allowed in the refuse cart.
- Concrete, asphalt, construction materials, etc. can never be collected with refuse.
- Do not place loose needles in your trash as they create a hazard.
Recycling – Additional Information
- Recycling services are provided to the City on a biweekly basis.
- Refer to the Recycle Map to determine if your residence is serviced on the “A” week or the “B” week. Refer to the calendar to identify your week of service.
- Refer to the Materials Guide for acceptable recycling materials.
Additional Refuse/Recycling Carts
Rossford residents have the option to rent additional refuse and/or recycling carts for $4.00 each per month. Extra carts can be ordered by calling Waste Management at 1-866-797-9018.
Waste Management will provide carry-out service for any qualifying resident. This service is designed only to assist those residents that, due to a short-term injury or long-term disability, cannot carry refuse and recycling to the curb on collection day.
To receive this service, the resident must comply with the following guidelines:
- Resident must provide documentation (e.g., a doctor’s note or other medical form indicating restrictions) to the City of Rossford’s administrative office.
- To establish carry-out service, please contact the City of Rossford at 419-666-0210.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION
The yard waste collection program begins April 1st and runs through November 30th for the City of Rossford. This program utilizes a 96-gallon cart for yard waste materials. The yard waste cart has a brown lid to distinguish it from the refuse and recycling carts.
If you want yard waste collection, you must establish service by contacting Waste Management at 1-866-797-9018 and choose from one of the following options:
OPTION 1: Monthly Subscription Program
- Cart will be picked up every Wednesday.
- Rate is $84.00 per season (8-month program).
- Waste Management will bill residents quarterly over 12 months.
OPTION 2: Pay-As-You-Go Program
- Resident must call and request pick-up @ 1-866-797-9018. Cart will be picked up on Wednesdays with 48 hours notice.
- Cost is $12.00 per pick-up. (If paying by credit card, there is an $8.00 additional processing fee).
- Waste Management will bill residents directly.
- Garden Waste
Extra yard waste carts are available for $4.00 each per month and can be ordered by calling Waste Management at 1-866-797-9018.
Waste Management will not perform collection service on the following holidays:
|• New Year’s Day||• Independence Day||• Thanksgiving Day|
|• Memorial Day||• Labor Day||• Christmas Day|
During the weeks these holidays occur, collection normally performed on or directly following the holiday will be delayed one day. Regular collection will occur on all other holidays not listed.
Christmas trees 6-foot tall or less will be picked up as part of the normal collection service at no additional charge. You may set your tree out at the curb on your collection day the week following Christmas through the second week in January. Remove all ornaments and lights.